The purpose of the Society is to encourage greater clarity, transparency and efficiency in credit risk assessment and management in order that the benefits gained may be shared by consumers and providers.
Its objects include
- to provide a forum within which retail credit issues in New Zealand can be discussed
- to advocate initiatives that enable continuous improvement in credit risk assessment
- to facilitate the establishment of standards regarding data as permitted by the Credit Reporting Privacy Code and/or other regulatory and /or legislative requirements;
- to develop, and promote relevant policies and Codes of Conduct;
- where appropriate, to educate on these and promote change to assist in achieving such outcomes